Saturday, September 30, 2017

100117 Archi-scraps October Challenge


Archi-scraps October inspiration: knots
As if this wasn't interesting enough, there are those strange barbs sticking out of the bottom!
Knots. We will simply focus on knots...

I have settled on this sketch to follow:
September 15th Stuck!Sketches
And this cute photo from Grandparents Day!
Yes - I wore the tiara all day.


I decided to reorient the sketch to better suit my long skinny photo,
plus I liked the little banners being at the bottom!
(I removed the proprietary information as it was visually distracting.)

As I ruminated on the papers I might choose I remembered a 6 x 6" pad of Basic Grey's 2011 "Out of Print" collection. I needed something that would work with the whimsical photo plus all of the black & I knew it had the right colors. I grabbed a black & white diagonal stripe from Felicity Jane for that strip on the right, and an FJ journaling card for my title. My knots appear on the buttons in the flower centers & hold the dangling beads in place on the tag at the bottom. Much fussy-cutting later produced this:





I ended up with perhaps the most literal interpretation of a sketch that I've ever done!

I cannot WAIT to see where this Arch-scraps inspiration takes YOU.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome