Thursday, March 24, 2016

032416 ATC Gang March Meet-Up





Our happy little band (minus one - Karen, you were missed!) met up again at Michael's.
Art journaling was the focus of the afternoon in between catching up & swapping cards.

Our challenge was to use some of the gelli prints we made the last time.
In no particular order...




(I need a cute design for the back of my ATCs!)
I have the small size Gelli plate so I chose different papers for each card, 
which I overstamped & paired with a wood veneer accent plus either ribbon or washi.


Next time we are challenged to use this "bleeding tissue" paper brought by the ever-generous Norma.
I had to laugh at how she came by it. She had an online order just a few bucks shy of the free shipping amount! Would love to hear what you've bought for that very same reason :D

Link HERE to a similar product
 Here's the description: 
Perfect for collage, mosaics, flowers, paper sculpture, and many other craft and decorative uses. Water-soluble, the colors "bleed" when moistened, creating artistic effects like tie-dye.
I have all kinds of ideas rolling around in my head...
 

Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. I like the Gelli plate prints, they look so "arty". The bleeding tissue paper I've used before, it produces interesting results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have a local group to craft and chat! Looking forward to seeing how you use that tissue paper next time.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome