Thursday, February 18, 2016

021516 Second Week of February LOAD



Week Two - so far, so good.
I missed uploading due to internet issues but
I'm actually happier with daytime photos of the layouts.
Still 14/14!

 Day Eight: Color/Based on the flag of Canada (red/white + maple leaf)
Perfect for more Alaska trip photos as we went to Dawson City.
I remembered that I had photos with the Canadian flag.
I saw that journaling down the side on the Prima blog, I believe.

Day Nine: Transportation/Train
More Alaska! Chuck wagon breakfast excursion at Denali.
I could not find my travel journal for some of the 
journaling details but have left room... 
There was another couple from our tour that we met this morning
& became fast friends with them - Mike & Marge.

Day Ten:  Culture/Recreation
Thought this would be fun to document some time with our granddaughter in Georgia.
She loves her Bampa! They had a little  teasing game with those pompoms. 
He would ask for a grape & she would give him yellow (lemon). The giggles were thick!
And that breakfast picture was the worst quality but my total FAVE.
The vintage girl with the "Fun" banner was from a Smashbook page.
Lynnette gave me some design advice for the little striped banner.
Could not believe that I found the little Prima clock button - Bampa TIME!

Day Eleven: Language (he spoke to her heart)
Another one of my favorite photos of Chloe.
I love the dreamy quality of this page, including the star vellum strip. 




Day Twelve: Landmark
Had to add that touch of gold in the title!
It took awhile to get the photos arranged & I added a simple skinny washi border top & bottom.
I stamped a contour map stamp from an Inkadinkadoo set onto the large wood veneer numbers
for a little texture, plus the black splats of Black Velvet Colourshine.



Day Thirteen: Geography
A very happy day spent with the lovely & generous teacher, Finnabair.
Took myself out for the day & got to play!
The left side of the spread was inspired by THIS from Alison Day with three large photos.


Day Fourteen: Food
Alaska, again.
That antler embelli is from a Felicity Jane kit & couldn't have been more perfect.
Although it's difficult to see I punched a semi-circle in the "reindeer sausage" raised
portion of the title so that the ampersand flush with the background could be seen.
I included a portion of the Anchorage city map to show the hotel, tram stop & visitors center.

I'm late posting this but mostly this is for me to enjoy down the road!
Hope it was fun for you, too :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. You are really making some stellar layouts this LOAD! I really like the one with your granddaughter reflected in the glass - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous mix of layouts and I have to say that I think your style has shifted a little in recent times - do you see that too? I see a lot more white space than previously and the writing directly onto the background also seems a little new. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be right about my style shift, Lisa. I would say the same about yours. For me I think it started with the Messy kit at CKC & I've started playing with that style a little more. I'm finally getting to be okay with cutting into my full sheets of pp, lol!

      Delete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome