Sunday, October 13, 2013

101213 Date Day Saturday - Midland

Out hunting this morning for some scrap goodies! 
Since my local scrapbook store closed I haven't had a hands on hunt for new stash, 
and with the new CHA releases I am hyping to get my hands on scrappy goodness!
So we headed north to Midland...

This made us smile on the way, and as we are Smiths, we felt a little proprietary about it!


Little did I know what a treat I was in for at Scrapbooks Galore & More!


Here's the MORE!!!


They've put all these lovely bits out for the picking...
 

Each time I look at these photos I see more stuff I want, lol!
The cute displays continue throughout the store.
 




 The resident greeter, Scrapper!


Must return soon for a full inspection, as my time was somewhat limited today. 
A quick stop at a little orchard for apples, cider & donuts on the way home.


So look what I got!


$3.00!!! How great will this be to tell tales of the grands adventures! Aaargh


The Monopoly pieces are his & hers - race car for DH & thimble for me.
Not sure what I will do with the flashbulb but HAD to have it.


 Anyone else remember these Cracker Jack prizes? I have a green monkey who needed some friends.
The film canister will make a great mini-book...


Adored the tiny pink shoes & sweet baby buttons...
The Monopoly cards were chosen with specific pages in mind.


And this goes in the toy chest for the grands - Bampa will have to make a box to mount it in.


Can't reveal the scrap goodies as they are going to gifts, but I got some YUMMY Happy Mail this week. Thanks, Lynnie <3



Home to do a little housework/laundry, then off to dinner to celebrate Chuck's birthday at Red Robin.
How did he get away without me snapping a birthday photo?


Well at least there's proof that we enjoyed some birthday pie!


3 comments:

  1. Does that store have your name written all over it or what?? Just like the tractor trailer truck!! Love when you find a "find"! So many great treasures from the past there. I am intrigued to also see what you found on the other side of the store. Glad the package arrived...hope you can make good use of the goodies. I know how much you've been wanting some of those chalkboard papers. Enjoy and happy scrapping! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! I wanna go to the store!!! Ooooh, just could get amongst all that stuff and have a ball! You lucky thing...bet the heart was racing...mine would be tee hee!!!
    The brick card with the window... the bricks were a little Prima stamp - used with black ink...and then highlighted in parts with a white gel pen...
    And to see new posts....just become a follower...
    Let me know if you have any difficulty AND.... thanks so much for your lovely comments...it lifts my spirits,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great store!!! I would be in heaven shopping there! And yes I do remember those Cracker Jack figures!!! Yes, giving away my age, lol! I also had to laugh....owner needs to rethink the pink cowboy hat and boots! I cringed! Speaking of which I told my husband I was going to start shopping for that gorgeous western dress and new boots last week. Need it in early March for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome