Monday, August 6, 2012

Bye-bye, Beachy Keen...

Can't believe it's time again to put together a new counterfeit kit. And this month my special scrappin' bestie, Lynnette, is the Guest Designer - how marvelous! Go take a look at her kit post here, it is blogging at it's best :~D

So this is the final farewell to my Beachy Keen July kit, which was a surprise in how enjoyable it was to stretch in new directions. I intentionally wanted to use black, white or kraft backgrounds this month and for the most part kept to that pinkie swear with myself. Here is layout #9:


When going through my magic blue box I discovered a few things that hadn't been used. These photos I had matched up early on with the vintage BG paper - tough to use it all up at once! I had really wanted to use the JB stencil paper throughout the month as a stencil so that it would be painted/spritzed/inky when I finally used it as paper on a page. It was perfect here as the title fit right in with the letters!


The JB medallion stamp was forlorn & inkless in the bottom of the box so out it came - the perfect thing to accent that G for the title. Here's a tip, though. When stamping on paper with cutouts you will have to stamp the image on both layers to ensure that your image is complete (grateful no permanent adhesive had been applied!) 

 And one last canvas embelli, using another stamp from the set - having those really encouraged me to think stamping but within a limited choice. All in all this kit ultimately turned out to be loads of fun!

8 comments:

  1. I had that same sheet of BG paper in my stash until I used some of it last year - my daughter actually used a little scrap of it just this last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, those pics of Aunie really make me happy and sad at the same time. Glad you have those memories and wishing the situation were different now. The girls just adore her - you can see that they are thrilled to have her for a visit. Just love the stitching (which I've heard was so convenient) down the side and you did a fantastic job using that stencil sheet. You really did it justice. Wonderfully done and nice close-ups. I guess you can put that beach suitcase away now :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool page - I like how you've used the stencil, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing way to use that stencil up! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. am totally late to the party this month! sorry for that. but this is an awesome layout and what a great way to use up that stencil - it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome