Saturday, August 11, 2012

081112 Today...

Been way too long since we've had our Saturday date day. Hubby dearest got a hankering to make pasta so set out into cyberspace to find an Italian market. Off to Livonia! Being the geographically-challenged woman that I am I had not a clue where it is/how long it would take to get there. More later on that...

(They had me at the "Fresh Baked Bread" sign on the awning, lol :~)

OH, yeah!

This is part of a row of cases of frozen homemade stuffed pastas. Shown here: 
Homemade Gnocchi, Italian Chicken Ravioli, Florentine Pesto Ravioli, 
Italian Sausage & Broccolini Ravioli, Italian Sausage Baci, 
Veal & Porcini Mushroom Baci, Ham & Porcini Blend Ravioli, 
Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli, Portobello Mushroom Giant Ravioli... oh, my!

Olive?

Pasta??? 
Can you believe that this aisle runs from front to back of the entire building? 
And I couldn't find alphabet pasta for Lincoln...

We managed to find a FEW things to take home, ahem!
And within our window of opportunity, an unplanned stop on the way home.

 As I said, I didn't know where we were headed until after we were en route. When I realized that we were going past Novi I immediately thought, Do we have time to stop at Archivers? I never did get there in May when I was down there for the MegaMeet or when my kindred spirit came for a visit this summer - she got sick & we couldn't go. Time allowed! My knight in shining armor does it again without even trying - love ya, honey! xo

Oooooooooooo!  Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!
 
BAD blogger - I forgot to take pictures when we ATE once we got home!
Oh, man - we got 3 kinds of ravioli to die for plus 2 quarts of sauce, some kind of
unpronouncable bread (they had samples :~) that you soak in olive oil & top with
some stuff we bought, asiago artichoke spread (groan), olives, fresh mozzarella
(probably my favorite cheese), italian sausages both hot & mild, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Wiping the drool from my chin! Not sure which makes me drool more...scrapbook goodies or Italian food! What a great looking store! Sometimes you just need to enjoy your experience without the camera. You'll catch a pic next time. As for your loot...it looks divine. Not an Archiver's anywhere near here...boo! None in Florida, either! I think the closest would be Ohio and if I have to go that far, I might as well go to Novi! Enjoy, dear friend. You certainly deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's your duty as a diligent scrapblogger to investigate, and I can only vouch for the store here, so you'd better come, hehe ;~D

      Delete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome